21.9.24

The DPA pre Emmys gift suite at The Luxe Hotel


 By Emmanuel ITIER



Nathalie Dubois, founder of DPA (https://dpagroup.org ) has done it again with a fantastic pre Emmys gift suite lounge based at The Luxe Hotel (https://dpagroup.org ). As in the Ali Baba’s cave straight from the Arabian night, there are treasures to be encountered in this year’s gift suite. I was welcomed by publicist Louisa Sharamatyan who is working with Nathalie Dubois and to help the many invited nominees to navigate the two large suites full of wonders. And so, we met actors, Jimmy Jean Louis, Radha Mitchell, Mychal Bella and Blanca Blanco as well as writer Justin Tan. But many more came after our short visit. Nathalie’s gift suite is the must stop for all journalists covering the Emmys as well as for all nominees. She is in business for over 20 years, and she is also known for our legendary gift suites for the Oscars, the Golden Globes as well as the French Césars.


As we enter the suite I had an appetite, therefore I went straight to the lavish yummy mini buffet dressed by Chef Isabelle and her catering company: Ratatouille Catering

( www.RatatouilleCatering.com ). Isabelle who comes from Grenoble, in France, was courteous to put together a sample plate with some French paté et cold cuts mixed with a genius selection of French cheese. Subtle and perfect to satisfy my French stomach. Then, for dessert, I had the chance to taste the many éclairs of ‘Éclair-A-Licious’ (www.Eclairalicious.com ). Founder and chef Anna A opened her bakery in 2016 and immediately she received a huge success with her amazing line of various éclairs. Whether you are a nut case like me for Nutella, or if Vanilla is your sin, or if like Chef Anna you have a weakness for Tiramisu, ‘Éclair-a-licious’ will become your unique and favorite destination to indulge on these legendary pastries. Now that the French man was fed, I was able to explore in depth the other treasures on Natalie Dubois DPA gift suite. The first stop was to encounter children author Oshri Hakak and his company www.ButterflyOnBooks.com . Not only Oshri is a brilliant writer, but he is also an accomplished musician and a mindfulness sessions leader. I selected from his many books one about pandas as this is the favorite animal of my sons, Max and Rex. Oshri was so nice to autograph ‘Pandaculation’ and the boys were so happy reading it. Reading is one of these daily necessary mind exercise if you want to keep expand your mental capacities and travel wonderful universes from the comfort of your home sweet home.

Followed an iconic encounter with actress and jewel master: Katherine Wallach ( www.KatherineWallach.com ). Katherine is the daughter of legendary actor Eli Wallach (The Magnificent Seven, Baby Doll ). Katherine loves to travel around the world and find unique jewels and precious gems to, then, assemble her own creations. I was mesmerized by the enchanting beauty of the pieces she showed me. She was so nice to gift a special ring with a protective eye for the girlfriend of my son, soon to be engaged! No better way to send some blessings from a very protective dad.

I had to wear something else that my tight suit, so I met the brother sister team of www.TheMilshakeCollective.com who offered me a super comfortable large white t-shirt with a red panther in the back roaring a “Play” at the World. “Imagination is the catalyst for expansion” is their mantra. When you wear a Milkshake Collective shirt your world expands at eyesight. If I close my eyes I could feel like flying.

Even so we don’t have a dog, the creative team of ‘Axel Roze pets’ ( www.AxelRozePets.com ) insisted on giving me a name tag and a leash for a future animal we might adopt. One never knows and one should always have a leash near him, ha-ha! Axel Roze is actually the brand ambassador of this new company, and he is an adorable dog! The brain behind this venture is Janet Robinson who has such a soft heart for rescues. The tag that I was offered can be personally engraved by Janet’s company with a wide selection of various colorful patterns.

Talking of pets, I met on my way out a spiritual animal communicator and medium: Kim Alexander

( www.KimAlexander.com ) who has the gift of sensing your animals. We have two Persian cats at home, Minky and Mogwai. She was incredibly accurate about sensing our cats and describing perfectly their “attitude”. It almost put a tear in my eyes. I strongly recommend a session with Kim, especially if your pet is old and seems fragile. Next to Kim, I had to have a reading session for myself, especially after this insane year of a divorce procedure as well as losing my dad in a horrible death. Lisa Greenfield ( www.TruthinHand.com ) was right on the spot in what she told me about my situation even, so I didn’t say anything at all where I was emotionally and with my recent history. She also gave me some good news about my immediate future and what I should expect relationship wise. We shall see if these predictions come true. In any case, this is what my broken little heart needed to hear. In life we need some soul massages from time to time and whoever is giving them to you, you should always embrace, arms wide opened, any opportunities, any love sent at you. Thank you, Lisa, for giving me some wings and some courage to fly again.

Having my stomach, my soul, my bag full of love and beautiful gifts I was on my way out when Nathalie Dubois stopped me and gave three extra beautiful gifts for my boys: some smart board games for them to play and learn, made by www.TheOp.games.com . I strongly recommend ‘Hues and Cues’, a game that challenges your ability to make connections to colors with words. And for, we the adults, why not get ‘Telestrations – After Dark’. This is the adult version of the #1 LOL party game, and it goes where no Telestrations game have gone before. Draw what you see then guess what you saw for hilarious, weird, irresponsible and just plain wrong outcomes.

Finally, as Nathalie felt a little bit of stress in me, she introduced me to Phoebe from www.FunGuy.com . This is a company that specializes in making gummies with psychoactive plants and it’s legal! Trust me, I had a sample when I got home, after almost three hours of nerve wrecking traffic, and these “candies” put my mind to peace in no time. So, indulge without over abusing of it.

Nathalie Dubois and her DPA gift suite made my day again with this fantastic full of treasure pre-Emmys cave.

Now let’s salute the nominees as, in my book, you already are a winner to be part of such a small elite club. Bravo to you all! And Bravo to Nathalie Dubois and her fantastic DPA gif suite! Can’t wait to see the new sponsors in her suite for the 2025 Awards seasons.





No comments:

Editor's blog

My Film Festivals news