22.6.24

Tony Armer leaves Dallas Film Commission and joins Steve Demmler’s Talon Entertainment Finance




From Tony Armer:


"This Monday morning I have some news I’d like to share with everyone. I have been a Film Commissioner for 10 years now. Eight and a half years with St. Pete Clearwater and the last year and a half with the Dallas Film Commission. After 10 years my time as a Film Commissioner is at an end.

I’m excited to announce that I’m joining Steve Demmler’s Talon Entertainment Finance as the Head of Physical Production. Talon is doing some exciting things in the industry. As a company Talon is really taking off. They are producing films, acquiring soundstages, partnering with established production companies and so much more.


One of Talon’s films “Oh Canada” Directed by Paul Schrader and starring Richard Gere and Uma Thurman premiered in competition in Cannes. “Bookworm” starring Elijah Wood premieres at Fantasia Fest in July. Last year Talon acquired Southside Studios in Dallas. That facility is undergoing renovations and will be opening at the end of the year. Talon recently came on board as a partner in SpectreVision, the award-winning production company founded by Elijah Wood and Daniel Noah. Additionally, Talon is now a partner in pop culture collectibles company Mutant. Formerly known as Mondo. Mutant is the new art and collectibles venture.


The opportunity to come on board such a dynamic and growing company was too much to pass up. A big thank you to Steve Demmler for believing that I’m the right person to come on board his company and work with him to make some awesome things happen.


I want to thank Visit Dallas and specifically CEO Craig Davis and CMO Jennifer Walker for their leadership and support. Their support of my vision and initiatives for the Dallas Film Commission has been amazing. They have allowed me the freedom to develop a new future for the film office and given me the backing and resources to make a lot happen in a short amount of time. I can’t thank the both of them enough for everything they’ve done. I also want to thank the rest of the team at Visit Dallas for their support and friendship.


I would be remiss if I didn’t thank Andrew Vela and Austin Flores. Andrew was at the Film Commission when I arrived. His enthusiasm, hard work and passion made the transition to the office easy. It was great working with Andrew and we couldn’t have done any of what we started to establish in Dallas without him. Austin was recently hired in March and has been a real asset to the film commission and the film community. It’s been a pleasure working with him and the film commission is in good hands with him there.


Visit Dallas is graciously allowing me to help find the next Dallas Film Commissioner. I’ll be working closely with them in that search.
I’ll still be active in the Dallas film community. Since Talon owns Southside Studios I’ll be spending a lot of time in Dallas and working closely with the next Film Commissioner. We plan on continuing the programs the Film Commission has started and working to enhance the Dallas film industry.


Since Talon is based in Tampa, FL I’ll be living full time again in Clearwater. My work with the Sunscreen Film Festival and Film USA will not change. I’m passionate about those two non-profit organizations and the impact they’re having on the industry.
I’m looking forward to all that the future holds. Exciting times are ahead and I can't wait to share some of the exciting things we’re working on with all of you soon!"



















No comments:

Editor's blog

My Film Festivals news