27.7.24

In dreamland with Alex Deleon.

I am at a major film festival ... maybe in France.

The closing film by Jean Luc Godard is to be shown at a special screening room way down in the bowels of the building.

At the very end Godard who has been breathlessly awaited, finally shows up in person.

His "film" is an exercise in non cinema.

He sits before the screen, for half an hour -- but nothing comes on to the screen. Rien!

Another big. name director is there. He thanks me for mentioning an Obscure incident with Godard that took place in Poland quite a few years ago.

and that was it. The Great Godard shows up at a film festival and presents ....

an instance of le Néant = Nonexistence. Oh well, I ask myself ... was this dream worth "sitting through?"

Alex Deleon

No comments:

Editor's blog

My Film Festivals news